The Ecogold Environmental Foundation Sponsors 2017 Envirothon

September 21, 2017

The Ecogold Environmental Foundation Sponsors 2017 Envirothon The Ecogold Environmental Fund was thrilled to sponsor the 2017 NCF-Envirothon this summer and to contribute to the top three scoring teams’ cash prizes.

Read More

Earthwatch Expedition: Sea to Trees

August 31, 2017

Spring Power & Gas Sponsors Sophia Ludtke’s participation the Earthwatch Expedition: Sea to Trees This Summer, Spring Power & Gas sponsored Sophia Ludtke to join 12 other students in the Earthwatch Expedition: Sea to Trees at Acadia National…

Read More

Ride the BQT

June 7, 2016

Transportation Alternatives Launches Brooklyn Queens Tour In just under a week Transportation Alternatives will launch the Brooklyn Queens Tour or BQT. The BQT is a friendly non-competitive ride that combines the former Tour de Brooklyn and Tour de…

Read More

Future Leaders

April 21, 2016

Ecogold Proudly Partners with Wild Forests and Fauna (WildFF) on their Future Leaders Program  Did you know that some of the most important trees in the world live in the Peruvian Amazon rainforest? These trees absorb carbon dioxide…

Read More

EarthSpark International

March 23, 2015

EarthSpark Empowers Communities by Eradicating Energy Poverty Their efforts are focused in Haiti, the poorest country in the western hemisphere, where just 25% of households are connected to electricity grids while the remaining 75% rely on lighting from…

Read More

Earthwatch Teach Earth Program

March 2, 2015

Ecogold to Support Two Teachers’ Participation in the Earthwatch Teach Earth fellowship Looking at Climate Change in the Arctic Edge The live fieldwork brings unique and engaging learning experiences direct to the classroom as students follow their educators journey in…

Read More

BGI Half & 5K

January 26, 2015

The Ecogold Environmental Fund is Proudly Sponsoring the Brooklyn Greenway Initiative’s Half Marathon + 5K run for the 2nd Consecutive year This is the first half marathon that flows exclusively on the Brooklyn Waterfront Greenway, raising money for…

Read More

GrowNYC Governors Island Teaching Garden

November 21, 2014

GrowNYC has Re-Purposed an Old Shipping Container to Create a Fully Functional Kitchen for the Govenors’ Island Teaching Garden Governors Island Teaching Garden was created as a result of the combined efforts of GrowNYC and the Trust for Governors…

Read More

La Casita Verde Solar Pagoda

October 17, 2014

The Ecogold Environmental Fund Partnered with La Casita Verde to Install a Solar Powered Pagoda at the Williamsburg Based, Brooklyn Community garden This green space supports urban agriculture, soil rehabilitation, water reclamation, a discover lab as…

Read More

BGI Epic 2014

July 27, 2014

 For the 2nd Year, Ecogold sponsors and participates in the  BGI’s 40 mile Epic Ride for The Greenway a 14-Mile route connecting Brooklyn’s Waterfront and when complete, will be a landscaped route for pedestrians, runners and cyclists alike.

Read More

Grow NYC Annual Plant Sale

May 3, 2014

The Ecogold Environmental Fund Volunteered at the Grow NYC Annual Spring Plant Sale Every year since 1986, Grow NYC’s Open Space Greening Program holds their Annual Spring Plant Sale in order to provide community groups with perennial and…

Read More

GrowNYC Grow to Learn Aquaponics Project

March 7, 2014

Ecogold Proudly Partnered with GrowNYC in building the Aquaponic Garden at the Young Women’s Leadership School in Astoria The garden includes several dozen fish and a hydroponic garden that grows lettuce, swiss chard, beans, tomatoes, strawberries, herbs, and…

Read More