Energy scams are a growing problem across the country. People presenting themselves as “sales representatives” are using manipulation tactics to gain access to your personal information. Stay safe and know how to protect yourself from Spring Power & Gas imposter scams. Learn how to identify call or email scams with our extensive list below:
Calls or Emails May Be a Scam if:
There are many types of scams and unfortunately, we can’t list them all. However, there is a common thread of suspicious behavior you can watch out for. Below is a curated list of red flags that may indicate you are talking to a scammer.
- Callers falsely claiming to represent Spring Power & Gas (or claiming to be from a similar sounding entity).
- Callers asking for immediate payment, social security number, or credit card information.
- Callers claiming a customer’s bill is past due and the electric and/or gas utility will be shut off if they don’t pay.
- Callers that demand an immediate response or that pressure you into acting quickly.
- Callers offer refunds or large savings to entice customers into providing personal information.
- Callers claiming you are entitled to any sort of money or payment from Spring Power & Gas.
- Callers asking for your utility account number or login information and attempting to enroll your account.
- Calls where the caller fails to identify themselves.
- Robocalls from unidentified sources or phone calls from spoofed or fake phone numbers.
- Calls or emails that make vague and potentially misleading statements.
- Emails that appear to be from Spring Power & Gas asking for information or payment.
- Emails that demand an immediate response or attempt to pressure you into acting quickly.
Protect Yourself From Scams
In addition to practicing reasonable caution, protect yourself from potential scams by:
- Not releasing confidential or financial information over the phone or by email.
- Not providing login information for your utility account.
- Calling Spring Power & Gas if you suspect an email or telephone scam.
You Can Trust Us
Spring Power & Gas will never ask for financial or social security information over the phone. If you received a call asking for the above information, please contact Spring Power & Gas to report such scams for investigation. If you are ever concerned about a certain call, hang up and call us at 1-888-710-4782 or email us at email@example.com.
In addition to learning how to avoid scams, learn more about Spring Power & Gas‘ plans, tips, and charitable outreach. Choose a company you trust to provide consistently great service and innovative energy options.