There’s nothing more irritating than being on a hiking trail or on a tram to work and having your phone die on you. A fairly new invention, solar backpacks, alleviate these concerns by allowing you to charge your devices. Not only do they provide convenience, but they are also an eco-friendly opportunity to utilize energy from the sun.
Solar backpacks are definitely an investment (most backpacks are at least $100), but with more money comes higher quality bags that last for many years. There are many different solar-powered backpacks that are great for the professional commuter and avid adventurer, so let’s dive into the top selections.
Best Solar Power Backpacks for Business
If you have long commutes to work or business meetings, it’s important that you have reliable solar power backpacks to help you be prepared on the go. And of course, it’s also nice to commute in style!
A lightweight and durable backpack with an ergonomic design, the Sunnybag Explorer+ is a perfect option for your daily commutes. Some great features of this solar panel backpack include:
- Solar panel carries six watts of power and can be removed for remote charging
- Compartment space of 15 liters includes several handy pockets for all types of devices such as tablets, phones, water bottles, and sunglasses
- Smartphones can be fully charged within two hours
The Fanspack Oxford is an attractive and eco-friendly choice for your commutes to the office. With enough space to accommodate a 15.6 inch laptop, you can remove the solar panel to make adjustments for any bulky items you might want to pack. This solar panel backpack features:
- Removable 5.3 watt solar panel
- Breathable mesh back
- Cushioned shoulder straps
- Durable and waterproof material
Not only is the FARAZ Solar Backpack sleek, professional, and subtle, it also offers a large compartment space where you can easily store all your belongings in addition to your devices. Under $100, this backpack is a great option if you’re new to the solar backpack world and not yet ready to invest a lot of money. This backpack comes with:
- Anti-theft protection features
- External USB charging port charges multiple devices at the same time
- Many convenient device compartments (laptop, tablet, phone, etc.)
- Integrated front solar panel with six watt output
- Waterproof material
You’ll commute to work in comfort and style with the XD Design Bobby solar backpack. This eco-friendly bag is sustainably made from recycled plastic bottles and not only consolidates all your items neatly, but keeps your devices charged. Some of the great features of the XD Design Bobby include:
- Adjustable dividers that allow you to organize your items as you wish (fits 15.6-inch laptop, 12.9-inch tablet, and other items)
- Concealed pockets and card pouches that safely store essential items such as bus passes, credit cards, and cell phones without having to reach inside
- Anti-theft and cut-resistant designs reassure your safety during commutes on crowded trams and/or buses
- Power bank or wireless charging pad fully charges your phone in about 3.5 hours
With an attractive and sleek design, this backpack will definitely get you compliments at work. The Eshow solar panel backpack has the following characteristics:
- Designed with a box structure that opens 180 degrees for easy access to all items
- USB charging port along with a solar panel
- Anti-theft design with a small coded lockbox at the top
- Large compartment design can fit a 17.6-inch laptop and carries several handy pockets inside and on the straps to keep all of your items stored neatly and safely
Best Solar Panel Backpacks for Travel/Outdoors
If you plan to go on long hikes, camping trips, or day trips around a new city, you don’t have to stress about getting lost and being without power. We’ve selected the top-rated backpacks for your travels.
The Voltaic Systems solar panel backpack can endure a variety of climates on your adventures. More importantly, it features the following:
- Twenty-five liters of storage space that provides ample room to store your DSLR camera, power cords, and other items
- Expandable water bottle and tripod pocket
- Space to fit a 15-inch laptop along with a 10-inch tablet
- 12,800mAh battery power pack that provides consistent and regulated power
Ideal for hiking, biking, and camping, the SolarGoPack features many slots and small pockets for all kinds of batteries and miscellaneous items such as souvenirs, cash, and maps. Similar in style and size to a CamelBak, it’s lightweight and waterproof, making it a great choice for hiking and camping enthusiasts. It’s been created with the following characteristics:
- Micro USB cables and a 10,000 mAh waterproof battery
- 1.8-liter hydration pouch
- Capable of fitting smaller electronic devices such as smartphones, GPS units, tablets, E-readers, Bluetooth speakers, and cameras
- Comfortable straps with padding
Very similar in design to the SolarGoPack, the Eceen Solar Daypack is ideal for sporting activities such as biking and hiking. It’s smaller in size than your general backpack, but still offers the advanced capabilities of a solar panel backpack. What’s great about this product is:
- Comes with handy small pockets and compartments
- Fits smaller devices such as phones, GPS systems, and tablets
- Seven-watt power panel charges your devices
- 1.8-liter hydration pack
- Lightweight and durable
What’s great about the Hanagery Solar Pack is that it’s compact and cute, and it charges all of your devices. People use this for both business and leisure travel, and it comes with two carrying styles—a backpack and a business handbag. Moreover, it other wonderful qualities such as:
- Spacious compartment with multiple pockets (can fit a 16-inch laptop)
- Made from durable and eco-friendly material that is waterproof and lightweight, so you can comfortably wear it during your trips
- Though it doesn’t have a power bank, the Hanagery solar backpack has two USB charges your devices. These USC ports contain a smart-chip that ensures the voltage is stable to keep your devices unharmed.
With plenty of room for gear, the XTPower Hiking Solar Backpack is perfect for long hiking trips. This bag comes with:
- Seven watt battery that can charge various devices such as smartphones, tablets, and speakers
- Removable solar panel that clips on to the back of the pack
- Solid frame that provides support and is ideal for long treks
- Two loops for packing all kinds of hiking gear such as trekking poles, ice axes, and water bottles
Whether you’re taking the bus to work or planning a trip to the woods, these solar backpacks will give you the charging power you need to keep you connected and safe. You will no longer have to worry about finding an outlet or your phone dying when you’re out on the road.
If you want to incorporate more eco-friendly options, contact Spring Power & Gas to find out how you can offset your energy use today. We are driven to minimize carbon footprint and proudly offer efficient and friendly customer service.